Thursday, August 1, 2013

Book Review: "My So Called Life As A Submissive Wife"

Submissive.  It's a frightening word if you don't know what it means.  Throughout time it's has been abused, neglected, and taken out of context.

I grew up in a loving Christian home, with two parents and one of them was a minister. 

I thought I understood what being submissive to your husband meant.

Looking back over the last 12 years of marriage, I realized I was looking at submission through stained glasses.

Glasses that have been stained by the world.

 
 
 
The author, Sara Horn, let's readers read about her struggles, fears, determination, triumphs, failures, and encounters with lizards in the book "My So-Called Life As A Submissive Wife."
 
Sara removes the stained glasses and looks directly into the word of God.  Then she follows His lead.
 
Her results will inspire you.
 
Please, don't go away thinking that this is just another bible quoting Christian who just happened to get a book deal to make all wives think the same way. 
 
There are no Stepford wives here.
 
There's Sara.  A real, down-to-earth, 21st century woman who has to balance being married to a man who is in the military, having a son, having a career, living with her in-laws, moving, family vacations, and loads of laundry. 
 
There were so many times through out this book that I thought, "Wow.  She struggles with that, too."
 
Our lives are very different and yet share so many similarities. 
 
It makes me wonder how many other woman out there can be blessed by the message that Sara has to tell.
 
A message that will turn woman's eyes away from the stained glasses and allow them to look clearly at what God intended for us.
 
Connect with the author, Sara Horn
 
Twitter: @sarahorn
Facebook: @sarahornwrites
Google+: @sarahorn
Check her speaking calendar: sarahorn.com

The following is a link to the book review I did on Sara's previous book "My So-Called Life As A Proverbs 31 Wife".

http://seekhispurpose.blogspot.com/2013/06/book-review-my-so-called-life-as.html
 
 
Looking ahead... 
 
I don't think I'm done posting about submission and what God is doing in my own life.  You'll be hearing more about that soon.
 
I was able to do a Question and Answer interview with Sara Horn.  I'll be adding that to my blog in the next week.  She is also giving me a copy of the new book to give away to one of my readers. 
 

 
 


No comments: