Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Friendship, the Monarch Butterfly

 
When I arrived home yesterday evening, my husband let me know that there was a caterpillar in our butterfly habitat.
 
After dinner, the boys and I headed out to the sunporch to check.
 
Liam said "Friendship came out of his chrysalis."
 
 

And there he (or maybe she?) was.
 
Both boys wanted to hold the butterfly but Liam ended up declining his turn.
(2 year old jitters.)
 
My husband came out to meet this little guy, too.



 
The butterfly had been out for a while and his wings were pretty dry so he was able to fly all over the room. 
 
My husband ended up saving Friendship from our cat, Stormy.

 
We decided to let Friendship go and he took off into the sky.
 


Then, we checked on Robin. 
But, I think I may have let the boys hold him too early because
Robin didn't look so well when I put him back in the butterfly habitat.
 
 



 
I about had an emotional breakdown because I  was thinking I had killed another caterpillar.
 
I'm going to check on him later and see.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: