Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekly Goals: August 12, 2013

Here are last week's goals and how each one went... but before you continue reading, I want to share something with you.  I am a "wanna be organized" person.  I try really hard to develop workable systems and stay on top of them, but  I either get busy or I temporarily loose motivation. 

I want what I share on this blog to be honest and real.  I'm about to show you the mess we hide in our closets and my disorganized and cluttered shelves and table. 

I dream of my entire family working together to pick up after themselves and to have a place for everything so everything can easily be put in it's place. 

But my reality is messy...


Weekly Goals for August 5, 2013

1) Finish sorting through Liam's clothes  Check
2) Begin sorting through Matt's clothes.  (His current sized clothes are all mixed in with the clothes that are now too small.)  Check
This actually turned into a clean out his closet and get ready for the move kind of project.


Before
(There is no before picture of the other side because I couldn't even get his door open.)


All the current sized clothes are hung up neatly.  I also sorted through the hangers and discarded the ones that are too small.
We've been trying to work with Matthew on putting his own laundry away but we get a lot of resistance. 
Maybe if the shirts he just hung up didn't fall off the hangers, it will decrease his frustration.
 Or, maybe he just doesn't like putting his clothes away. 
 



After
I ended up sorting through everything in his closet and got started on packing his room.



 Moving plan:

1) Entertainment Center
2) Table Where We Sort Our Mail  Check

Before

After

 3) Laundry Room
4) Den Began working on this room and the hardest parts are done.


Before


After
I even cleaned out the broken filing cabinet.
 It will not be journeying with us to our new home.

 5) Basement Play Room




Weekly Goals for August 15, 2013:

1) Try to stay on top of everyday cleaning.  Enlist the help of everyone to do this.
2) Change the picture displays before I pack all of my scrapbooking supplies up.

Moving plans:

1) Entertainment Center
2) Laundry Room
3) Pack the dishes from the Curio Cabinet.  This will finish the den.
4) Organize and sort entry way.
5) Basement play room.

No comments: