Friday, August 16, 2013

Homemade Eye Makeup Remover

Every morning I had these great big dark circles under my eyes.  It wasn't just from lack of sleep, it was all the eye makeup that didn't come off when I washed my face before bed.  I use baking soda instead of paying for expensive facial cleanser.  This works out great for my over-sensitive skin but not so great for getting eye makeup off.
 
A while back I had read a pin on pinterest on how to make your own eye makeup remover. 
Of course, I forgot to re-pin it.  :-(
 
This is what I came up with from memory and I must say, it works fabulous! 
The only dark circles that are under my eyes now are sleep related.
 
Ingredients and supplies needed:
 
1) Water
2)  Baby Oil
3) Tear Free Baby Shampoo
4) A Small Container With A Pourable Lid.
 
 
 
I put 1 teaspoon of baby shampoo in the container, added 1 1/2 tablespoon of baby oil and filled the rest with water.  Then I shook it to mix the ingredients. 
You will have to shake it before each use.  (Thus the need for a lid.)
 
I had everything needed for this already but if I had to guess how much it cost to make, I would say approx. $0.12.  That estimate does not include the cost of the container which would add about $1.06 to your start up cost.
 
 This sure beats the $3.99 plus tax at our local store!
 
 
 
 

No comments: