Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Book Review: "My So-Called Life As A Proverbs 31 Wife"

What happens when a spirited woman challenges herself to become a domestic diva?  Laugh out loud humor, that's what.  For the women who have Proverbs 31 down pat, no need to read this book.  For the rest of us who struggle, this book is a must read.


 

The author is Sara Horn.  She spent a year on this Proverbs 31 project and the book is about how she tries to help her husband, strengthen her marriage, be patient, cook, clean, organize, decorate, work from home, sell a house, move, work a full time job, and be a single parent while her husband is deployed or in training.  Sara takes Proverbs 31 and makes it understandable and attainable for woman today.

Here's what impacted me most about this book.  No person can tell you how to be a Proverbs 31 wife.  My journey with my strengths and weaknesses is going to be different from yours. God is going to help you become the wife He wants you to be and Proverbs 31 is a great guide.

On a side note:  My mom was a stay at home mom for my entire life.  She and my father felt very strongly about how she needed to be in the home and not working a job.  Sometimes that got communicated as the only way, the best way, God's way.  Right now in my life, I need to work.  It's helping my husband and I meet goals that are healthy for our family and fix some past mistakes.  I have a great job and am blessed to only have to work 5 1/2 months out of the year.  Yet, I struggle emotionally with it every single day.  Even during my off season.  When Sara faces the challenge of leaving her work from home job to a full time job outside of the home, she takes it head on.  (That's just the kind of person I think she is.)  It's not easy, but it's what her family needs.

There are at least 7 verses in Proverbs 31 that relate to business.  The woman in Proverbs 31 does what it takes to help provide for her family.  I can and will learn from this.  I will do what my family needs and continue to seek after God's will.

Thank you, Sara.  You strengthened what I already knew, helped me feel more confident and shed light on areas that were previously dark.

(Sara has a new book coming out in August 2013.  It's called "My So-Called Life As A Submissive Wife.")

You can find Sara on Facebook under her name, Sara Horn.

My Proverbs 31 Life Blog-
http://www.myproverbs31life.com/

Sara's Blog-
http://www.sarahorn.com/

A video where Sara describes this book-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU-LLdzUg-Y

The book is available to purchase on Amazon-
http://www.amazon.com/So-Called-Life-Proverbs-Wife-ebook/dp/B005EI8244/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370453199&sr=8-1&keywords=my+so+called+life+as+a+proverbs+31+wife

Here is a link to the book review that I did on Sara's next book--

http://seekhispurpose.blogspot.com/2013/08/book-review-my-so-called-life-as.html




No comments: