Saturday, June 29, 2013

Encouragement

I braced myself for the temper tantrum I knew was coming.  No, not my two year old... me.
It was going to be a busy week and I tried to prepare myself for the exhaustion. 

It's an adult version of a temper tantrum.  Sorry to disappoint, but I don't actually lay down on the floor, kicking and screaming.  Instead, I become overwhelmed with my emotions and lash out because I just can't handle it.  I know myself, this is how I react.

You can only imagine how surprised I was that I have been in a great mood this whole week.  Sure, there were times that I was so tired I couldn't even gather the energy to go to bed, but my thoughts remained joyful. 

What happened? 

God sent people to encourage me... 

Through the words and actions of the people I crossed paths with, I was blessed.

 I calmed down about things I felt anxious about.  I was given strength to carry on when feelings of incompetence threatened to darken my perspective.  I laughed when nerves could have removed all the joy from an experience.

God gave me opportunities to encourage others...

I almost missed it because I doubt myself.  I told myself that I don't really know this person very well and who am I to have an opinion?  I'm not a counselor.  I've never been trained.  I'm probably a little crazy.  Yet, something prodded me forward.  I actually saw how encouragement can make a huge difference in a person's life.

Encouraging words flowed a little easier this week.  These experiences have caused my encouragement sensor to be on the highest level.  I am starting to see encouraging people all around me and I want to be an encourager, too.

To give someone hope, confidence or courage. 

Brightening their day brightens mine, too.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Love this! I love when God puts people in our lives at just the right time!