Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Singing Brings Me Joy, Part 2

There I was, praying for more opportunities to sing. 

Nothing changed.  (Talk about wanting instant gratification.)

Months passed and my prayer was forgotten.  My new prayer was that God would help me to be satisfied with what I had and to help me do my best.

It was a Friday when I received an e-mail that the local minor league baseball team was holding auditions for people to sing the National Anthem before the games that season.  For a moment, just a moment, I thought "I could do that."  Then I remembered that horrible feeling in my stomach that I would get before doing it.  I deleted the e-mail.

The next day, my husband forwarded me the e-mail.  In it, he said "You should do this."

Let me tell you about my husband.  With me, he is the most flexible, easy going, go with the flow kind of guy.  He just doesn't really express an opinion with me and what I want to do.  Until this.  Now this e-mail had my attention. Then I remembered that quiet prayer for more opportunities to sing.  It certainly didn't fit inside my neat little box but I'm not going to be trying to keep God confined.  Like I could...

Long story short, I auditioned and they asked me to sing!  Tons of my family came and my husband was there recording the whole thing.  If any of our family or friends missed it, all they have to do is tell my husband.  He'll have the video pulled up in about 2 seconds.  I love him and I love knowing that he is proud of me.  :-)

Here is a link to the video...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200466854612202


Since singing at the South Bend Silver Hawks game...

-My husband won't stop playing that video for people.

-The Worship Team Leader asked me to help out and lead the worship the week he's gone.  It's coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm praying that God's presence will be there and the joy and Presence I feel through music will be attractively obvious.

-A local parks and recreation department has asked me to come and sing with some children during an event they're having for children with developmental delays and disabilities.

-A woman I knew a long time ago asked me to come to their church in August and sing a special for them.

God is in control and I'm going to do my very best to enjoy what He has planned.

No comments: