Sunday, June 16, 2013

Joy Comes In the Morning





While I got ready for bed, I had a thought.  I need to stop taking everything so seriously and laugh at myself more. 

A dream woke me at 4:30 this morning.  In the dream, we were at our church waiting to get our picture taken for the church directory.  Our name was called and I walked right by a friend who was trying to say hello to me.  I was so engrossed in my own world that I didn't even notice her.  The dream bothered me because it's something that's happened to me.

Later in the morning, I pulled out the devotion for that day.  (It's actually the one dated for 6/17 but it's the one that came up when I turned on my kindle.)  The first sentence of the devotion was "Learn to laugh at yourself more freely."  Whoa.  I think God is trying to tell me something.

I'm trying to control things... pretty much everything.  I'm not putting my trust in God and allowing Him to take control of my life.  I thought I was, but I'm not. I'm a work in progress and it's time to lighten up!


No comments: