Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekly Goals: 6-17-13

Here are my goals from last week and how I did...

1) Have my husband help me clean the kitchen each night.  If I spend my evening with the boys and do most of the bed time routines, he gets to clean the kitchen.  Check.  My husband was awesome and yea me for respectfully communicating with him.

2)  Do one load of laundry every day.  50/50.  I did great at doing the laundry but I got a little distracted and it took me a while to put things away.

3) Make the birthday party invitations.  Umm... they are still sitting on the buffet in the dining room.

 4) Get up 30 minutes earlier than usual.  This leaves time to do my devotion and makes leaving more relaxed.  If you can picture a chicken with it's head cut off, running around and terribly grumpy, you have gotten a glimpse of my mornings.  Check!  Things go so much smoother this way.  I have got to get to bed earlier because burning the candles at both ends makes one (easily) stressed out mommy by the end of the day.

5) Get Liam up 30 minutes before we have to leave in the morning so he has an easier time transitioning.  (I did this today and we had a temper tantrum free morning.)  Check!  Note to self, one child can roll out of bed and be ready to go in under a minute. (Matt)  The other one needs a half an hour.  (Liam)

6) Read 3 Chapters of "The Ministry of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson.  I only read one chapter.  I'm having a hard time getting into the book right now.  I'll set it aside and try a different one.

GOALS FOR THE WEEK OF 6-17-2013

1)  Laugh more and find joy in the little things.

2) Make the birthday party invites.

3)  Find a new book to read.

4)  Clean kitchen at night (hubby or I) and one load of laundry a day.

5)  Go to bed by 9:30.

No comments: