Friday, June 14, 2013

A Woman Who Fears the Lord #3

The Woman Who Fears the Lord
A Study of Proverbs 31
Verse 12
"She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life."
 
I never intend to do my husband harm.  Who would?  But, I know I have.  Reading this verse and thinking over the past twelve years... the past week... I feel like I should start a support group for women who mess up being a Proverbs 31 wife.  I think I could get a lot of members.
 
There's this thing that I do. (I'm only picking one.)  I speak to my husband like he's a two year old.  It may be because I have taught young children for most of my life.  It may be because I am a mom.  Or, it may be a way that I protect myself from blowing my stack.   It doesn't really matter why, it is just not okay to do.

When we discussed that specific thing during marriage counseling a few years back, I realized it made my husband feel stupid.  (Aka, it did him harm, and not good, for many days of my life.)  My job is to be my husband's helpmate, to build him up and to help him in whatever way he needs to become the man, the husband and the father God wants him to be.
 
I would love to say I no longer cause him harm but that would be a lie. 
 (Let's not add to the things I need to work on here.)
 
When I mess up, a sincere apology is made, forgiveness is requested and a Christ like spirit and attitude is sought after.
 
  God handles things so much better than I ever could. 
 
I'll just keep trying and let Him take care of everything...
My husband, our marriage and me.

 
 
The link to the series "The Woman Who Fears the Lord"

No comments: