Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Woman Who Fears the Lord #19

The Woman Who Fears the Lord
Study of Proverbs 31
Verse 28

"Her children arise and call her blessed; 
her husband also, and he praises her."



How wonderful for our friend Mrs. Proverbs!  Her children and husband wake up in the morning and tell her just how wonderfully awesome she is and how lucky they are to have her in their life.

After reading this verse, I felt jealous.

My children do not wake up in the morning and begin complimenting me and thanking me for everything I do.  There can be long periods of time, when everything goes completely unnoticed.

My husband?  He's not a verbal kind of guy.  In fact, when he does say something kind about me or something I have done, it's because I asked his opinion.

(I am a person whose receptive love language is words of affirmation and I married a non-affirming kind of guy.)



Let's take what I know about love languages and translate this verse.



My children get up in the morning and hug me.  They enjoy spending time with me, are helpful and they value my guidance... most of the time.  Both boys compliment me and thank me throughout the day.  My husband doesn't complain about dirty dishes, unmade beds, and failed recipes; his spirit is one of gratitude.  He shows his love and appreciation for me by working hard, sharing goals, wanting to spend time with me and respecting my opinion.

They would have never put this verse into the thirty-first chapter of Proverbs.  It is way too long.









I'm no longer feeling jealous of our friend, Mrs. Proverbs.



In what way does your family call you blessed?  How does your husband praise you?
If you are feeling discouraged in this area, pray that God will open your eyes to be able to see your family's love language.

You can read more about Love Languages at
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/.

No comments: