Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Woman Who Fears the Lord #18

The Woman Who Fears the Lord
Study of Proverbs 31
Verse 27

"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."





Let's go over my day.

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and was out of bed by 5:15.  I talked with my husband, made him breakfast and helped him get his stuff together for work.

After he left, I made pretzel dough and started a load of laundry.  Then, I read the bible, wrote in my journal, and finished this week's bible study assignment.

My youngest was up first and we played Mario Cart on the Wii--- because he's slightly addicted.  Slightly.

When my oldest got up, he played a few rounds with us and then I went and finished the pretzels.

After breakfast, the boys did their thing... chores, playing, jumping on the bed, taking baths, and getting into mischief of all kinds.

I took a shower and dressed, did dishes, another load of laundry, vacuumed, and spent some time working on my Simply Fun business.

The boys and I had tea time, did copy work, sketching, read together and then played "Bank It."
(Bank It is a game where the first person to buy the bike wins but you have to purchase one item from each of the four stores, give to charity and save $10 first.)

And that was all before 12:00.

Now, before you curse me and starting flooding my e-mail with snotty comments, allow me to let you in on my life the past 2 years.  The life that no one sees because it is behind closed doors.

Most mornings, I struggled to get out of bed.

I often indulged in thoughts of running away to a tropical island and freeing myself of all the stress I felt.

It would take the smallest thing to tip my mood over the edge.

Dealing with things- bills, phone calls, e-mails, shopping, etc. was something I avoided.




If I had read this verse a year ago or 4 months ago, I would have cried.





But, I'm on this journey for a reason.

The lesson I learn from all the valleys will help me go  higher and higher up the mountain.

One day I will stand back to look at the beautiful view.  On that day, I will see every step I took, the path I was on and be thankful for where I was lead.

Where ever you may be on your journey, take a little advice from our wise friend, Mrs. Proverbs and move one more step up that mountain.




My study of Proverbs 31


No comments: