Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 2014 Goals- 1/19/14

I prayed about the goals I should set in honor of the new year. 
   




In order to work toward the 2014 goals, here are my goals for month of January.

A LOVING FAMILY
Love notes to Chuck.
Have daily screen free periods of time.
Specifically pray for peace, gratitude and contentment in our home.


Sometimes I work on so may aspects of my life and I forget my marriage.  My husband is great and our marriage is stronger than it has ever been... but our relationship still needs nurturing.  This week I was intentional in sending him text messages saying that I loved him or thanking him for the work he does.

A PEACEFUL HOME
Organize the boy's room, our bedroom and the van.
Implement clean up before moving on rule.

A HEALTHIER PERSON
Memorize Isaiah 41:10
Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
Substitute a minimum of 4 lunches with a salad.


ON TRACK WITH FINANCES
Pay bills on time.
Get certified for Simply Fun's MOPS Presentation
Make new business contacts weekly.  Minimum of 2.
Plan a GAME NIGHT EVENT.

Several things have happened as I try to grow my business.  First, I realized that I was trying to earn God's okay by my works.  If I can just keep the kitchen clean, the boys heading in the right direction, a home cooked meal on the table and our home running like a well oiled machine, surely God will see that the home is the place I need to be.  Then, when business ended up not starting out as busy as I hoped, I tried harder.  I can not "earn" God's permission.  If it's what He wants, it will be.  As long as I do my best, He will help me through whatever lies ahead.

Second, I got the recall letter from my seasonal full time job.  I'm signing it to return and trying to trust God through it all.

Third, the Pastor at our church preached on Ecclesiastes 9.  Although I had memorized verse 10 with my oldest last year (and repeat it often), it was I needed to hear as I struggle with wanting a more flexible work schedule so I can be more available to my family.  The pastor's words presented a message I needed to hear.




GIVING OF OURSELVES
Send a card to two friends that I don't see very often.
Invite a family to join us for a meal.




No comments: