Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Woman Who Fears the Lord #14

 The Woman Who Fears the Lord
Study of Proverbs 31
Verse 23

"Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land."


To put it into 21st century terms...

Mrs. Proverbs' hubby is a popular guy who hangs out with guys who are super smart and make decisions that effect the community.

Out of the twenty-one verses that describe our friend, Mrs. Proverbs, there are two that specifically mention her husband.
(The other one is Proverbs 31:11, "The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.")

What we do as wives, directly affects the lives of our husbands.

Well, that seems pretty obvious but let's see if we can dig a little deeper.

Our roles as women, wives, mothers, employees, students, friends, daughters, etc. shape and change our husbands.

No pressure, ladies!

We can help make our husbands successful in life.

(Please, note that I wrote the word help and did not write that we are the deciding factor on whether or not our husband is successful.  We can only do our best with God has given us, spend time in prayer and search for opportunities to learn and grow as women.)

My husband recently interviewed for a different position at work.  It would have been better pay, better hours and less stress.  Dream job!

I prayed for him.  I prayed for the job.  I prayed that if it was where God wanted him, that he would get it and if it wasn't that we would be able to be at peace with that.

He didn't get the position and I am totally at peace with it.

I told him how proud I was that he put himself out there.  How I am thankful that he still has an awesome job that provides for us.  I talked about the doors that could open because he applied for the position and how much he learned from a difficult interview.

I was strong enough to set a peaceful, supportive and loving tone because of my relationship with God and what I have learned from scripture.

I think our friend Mrs. Proverbs would have been pleased.





A link to my study on Proverbs 31.

No comments: