Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 2014 Goals- 1/12/14

I prayed about the goals I should set in honor of the new year. 
   




In order to work toward the 2014 goals, here are my goals for the month of January.

A LOVING FAMILY
Love notes to Chuck.
Have daily screen free periods of time.
Specifically pray for peace, gratitude and contentment in our home.

A PEACEFUL HOME
Organize the boy's room, our bedroom and the van.
Implement clean up before moving on rule.

A HEALTHIER PERSON
Memorize Isaiah 41:10
Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
Substitute a minimum of 4 lunches with a salad.

I went ahead and printed out the verse I'm trying to memorize and put it in the two spots where I will stand still the longest and the most frequently.

The Kitchen

The Bathroom


ON TRACK WITH FINANCES
Pay bills on time.
Get certified for Simply Fun's MOPS Presentation
Make new business contacts weekly.  Minimum of 2.
Plan a GAME NIGHT EVENT.

GIVING OF OURSELVES
Send a card to two friends that I don't see very often.
Invite a family to join us for a meal.

Under the heading "A Peaceful Home", you will find the goal of the clean it up before you move on rule.  My desire is to not be constantly tripping on toys and in a constant state of frenzy.  When things are a disaster (as they often are with two young boys), I feel the need to clean.  I WOULD BE CLEANING ALL DAY!  But, here's something unexpected that happened with this new rule.  My house stayed clean enough to have people over and not be embarrassed.  I was not running around (like a chicken with her head cut off) cleaning until our friends arrived.  I even sat down and crocheted while we waited.

Another unexpected thing came from opening our home and sharing the experience with the boys.  Matthew, who is 7 1/2, really got into the hosting aspect.  He wanted to use the good dishes and help with things.  He specifically chose things to make our guests feel special.

Matthew helping to set the table.

The cake I made for our guests.  Again, something my mother would have done.


I think that hostessing is a dying art.  I wonder if we have all gotten too busy or if we care too much what others think to open our homes and our lives to others.


I want to open up our home and share the gift of friendship, comfort, and food.  Kind of like my mom used to do.  :-)

No comments: