Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Woman Who Fears the Lord #15

The Woman Who Fears the Lord
Study of Proverbs 31
Verse 24

"She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes."

Before my study of Proverbs 31, I had never paid attention to the business knowledge this woman had.





Her business skills are mentioned throughout the chapter.

The woman who fears the Lord is business smart.

Am I business smart?

Can I be business smart?

What does it take to be business smart?

Phew!  Those are important questions for this wanna be successful business woman.

Let's look at this verse and the other verses and see if we can make an outline of Mrs. Proverb's business skills.


  • She is selective about her products and materials.                     (Verses 13 and 16)
  • She is a hard worker.  (Verses 13 and 17)
  • She will go the extra mile to take care of business.  (Verse 14)
  • She works the hours needed to get the job done.  (Verse 15)
  • *Her employees have great pay and benefits.  (Verse 15)
  • She invests her money wisely.  (Verse 16)
  • She is a highly motivated business woman.  (Verse 18)
  • Her skills and products are in high demand.  (Verses 19 and 24)
  • People come to her for business advice.  (Verse 26)
  • She is a skilled business manager.  (Verse 27)

* We don't have servants and so I translated verse 15 to the 21st century.
Sometimes, I wish I had servants...

Wow, Mrs. Proverbs!

These characteristics describe a business woman but most importantly, they describe a woman who fears the Lord.

May I fear the Lord and allow Him to shape me into a successful woman.

Just like our dear friend, Mrs. Proverbs.



No comments: