Monday, January 13, 2014

Not Living In the Moment



Did I get your attention?

I just contradicted what we are told to do and I meant it.


I'm talking about motherhood and the fear that comes with it.

Fear that my child will need therapy because I yelled on Christmas morning.

Fear that my child won't be able to function as an adult because I didn't give him enough responsibility.

Fear that I only have a certain amount of time to spend with them before they are grown and leave our home.


I should live in the moment and I should make every moment last.

You just never know when your last moment with your child may be.


Live in the moment.

We lost our first born child, William, to SIDS.

He was only eight days old when it happened.


I have been blessed with two more children.  Happy, healthy and energetic boys.

I want to live in the moment!  I want to make every moment beautiful!

I am so very thankful for our children and I should show my gratitude by

LIVING IN THE MOMENT.


Then, reality hits.

The double ear infection, bronchitis and croup hits.

The million times of explaining why he can't watch Mine Craft videos without direct supervision hits.

The bills hit.

The dirty dishes hit.

The, if I don't get this load of laundry done I will have to go naked, hits.

The long line at the grocery store hits.


Reality comes along with mass amounts of mom guilt.


Be grateful for the ordinary moments. #gratitude #joy #olcbrenecourse #wholehearted #Padgram

Here is what I am going to challenge myself to do this month.

I am going to let go of living in the moment.

Instead, I am going to be GRATEFUL for every moment.

Grateful for the opportunity to explain to my son that I love him and I don't want him listening to videos that have bad words in them.

I will be grateful for the time out I give my three year old for hitting his brother and refusing to apologize for it.

I am going to thank God that I had a chance to apologize to my children for yelling at them.




I don't need to be super mom to share my love, my passion, my wisdom, my faith and my experience with them.

I just need to be grateful for every moment I get to.





No comments: