Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekly Goals, 7-8-13

Here is the update on last week's goals...


 1) Daily Devotion.  The devotion I am going through right now is "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  A friend of mine strongly recommended it about a year ago, I checked it out of the library and never really got into it.  The book was again recommended this spring by a woman in the bible study I was attending.  This time around I am more committed and try to keep the devotion in my thoughts and prayers through out the day.  It's pretty awesome to see things happening during the week that fit my intimate time with Jesus and my Heavenly Father.




 2) Read to the Boys Every Day.  I wasn't able to do this every day but it was a definite improvement from hardly ever doing it.  Matthew and I are reading "Nate The Great" and Liam is devouring ever single picture book we read.

3)  Make a Moving Game Plan. I avoided this one.  Still having a hard time believing it's ever going to happen.  We're having to come up with more paper work for the mortgage company and don't even have an official closing date on the house. 

4)  Encourage my husband, my children and at least one other person, every day.  This is addicting.  It's such a blessing for me to be able to lift someone's spirit.

Waiting for the North Liberty Independence Day Parade to begin.


5) Enjoy a summer activity with my kids. 

Easy as pie.  With the holiday of July 4th, we were able to enjoy a parade, playing at the park, swimming in the my sister's family pool, and fireworks.  On Saturday, we took a trip to the beach and followed up with a cook out at a co-worker's apartment complex.


Fireworks at Newton Park in Lakeville, Indiana


Weekly Goals, 7-8-13

1) Daily Devotion
2) Avoid Eating Out
3) Begin knitting a scarf
4) Research a vacation to Illinois
5) Make music shakers for an event on Saturday.

(I'm working about 47 1/2 hours during the week which only gives me an hour with the boys before it's time for them to go to bed.  My nights are pretty short and I'm typically drained by then.)
 

No comments: