Thursday, July 18, 2013

Everyone has their own story to tell...

I'm taking a 30 minute break before I finish the last 3 hours of my 12 hour shift.  This week has left me missing my husband and our sons, our home in an upheaval, and my emotions beating me down.  I try so hard to keep things in perspective and consider how this is only temporary...

My perspective is limited.  God sees the bigger picture and so I will have faith that He is working all things for His good, including me and my emotional tantrum.

A co-worker asked me today what I believed.  I made sure he was talking about my spiritual beliefs, which he was.   I shared how I believe that God created everything and everyone.  He loves us and has the bigger picture in mind.  I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he died on the cross for our sins, leaving us with the Holy Spirit.

I asked him what he believed and he said the same.  I confirmed that he believes in God and then asked him why.  Puzzled, he questioned me.  I repeated myself and asked him WHY he believes in God.

He told an amazing story about going from religion to a personal relationship with God.  How God was still working on him but that he was a changed man.  God saved his marriage and him.  That's why he believes in God.

Everyone has a story to tell.

A story of deliverance and salvation.

What's yours?

No comments: