Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekly Goals, October 21, 2013

To say I got slightly off track on last week's goals is putting it lightly.  When you see what I got done on my list, you may think that I sat around eating bonbons and watching soap operas all day.  (Old family joke.)  I felt like it was a productive week until I came back to my list...

Weekly Goals- October 14, 2013
 
Errands:
 
1) Pick Up Yarn For Christmas Gifts and Scarf Order  Check
 
Home Management
 
1) Make Liam's Costume  Check
 
2) Make Laundry Soap  Thought I had the soap and when I went to do it, realized I did not.  I had already been to the store that day and WAS NOT going back.  Have I mentioned that I don't like shopping????
 
3) Make Chocolate Syrup  Check
 
Homeschool:
 
1) Bulletin Board for Children's Goals, Memory Verse, Chore List and Calendar  Worked on, but not completed
 
2) Research Pumpkins, Take a Trip to the Pumpkin Patch and Carve Jack-o-lanterns  Got sidetracked with life and the field trip we had planned got rained out.  :-(
 
3) Morning Devotions  Looking for a good devotion book
 
4) Go For Walk x 3  Once
 
5) Spend, Save and Give Jars  Undone
 
Personal:
 
1) Go For A Walk While Husband Can Watch the Boys x 2  Undone
 
2) Begin reading "The Ministry of Motherhood"  Undone
 
Marriage:
 
1) Complete Home Work for Dave Ramsey Class  Undone
 
2) Set Goals for How To Use Extra Money  Undone
 
 
 
 
I am not a goal reaching failure.  I am not a goal reaching failure. 
I am not a goal reaching failure. 
 
Okay, new week and new plans.  Simplified
 
1) Read
 
2) Knit
 
3) Commission Charts for Boys
 
4) Save, Spend, Give Jars
 
5) Try one New Recipe
 
6) Make Laundry Soap
 
7) Write Down Goals for Extra Money
 
8) Walk
 
 
As I tucked the boys into bed tonight, Matt asked if we could do one more thing.  My answer was no, because it was late.  Then I said "One day we'll get our routine together and things will run like a well oiled machine.  But, today is not that day."
 

No comments: