Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Finding Peace in Where You Are



I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with a group of ladies yesterday.  I talked about recent revelations I had found in Proverbs 31, what they meant specifically to me and how the information inspired me to free myself of guilt that has been weighing me down and effecting my choices.  I briefly introduced my new business, Simply Fun and sang "Away In A Manger."  (Singing was not in the original plan but when a lifelong friend asked me to sing, I swallowed my insecurities and said yes.)

I struggle with life no matter where I am at.  When I'm working full time, I want to be at home with my children.  When I'm home with my children, I stress about money and feel out of sorts.  Our lack of income keeps us home more than I would like.  My hearts desire is to be home for my family, so it's a sacrifice I am willing to make.

After the meeting, two women approached me and mentioned how they feel guilty about what they're doing.  One was a stay-at-home mom and the other was a home maker.  Both struggled with guilt from not bringing in an income.  We spent a few minutes encouraging each other before parting ways.

Their struggles seem similar to my own inner struggle and it left me wondering...

Why don't we have peace with the *work God has given us?

How can we find a way to shift our thinking away from what is "correct" in our culture and embrace what is right with God?

"In everything you do, work at it with all your heart.  As working for the Lord and not for men."
Colossians 3:23


If I spend my time questioning, feeling guilty, or stressing about things, I will miss wonderful opportunities to fulfill my purpose.  A purpose that is important enough for Him to place me here, right now and in this very moment.

Whatever season of life I am in, I need to be satisfied.

It's where God has placed me.




the definition of work as found at dictionary.com:

*work
  [wurk]  Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, worked or ( Archaic except for 29, 31, 34 )wrought; working.
noun
1.
exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something; labor; toil.
2.
something on which exertion or labor is expended; a task or undertaking: The students 
finished their work in class.
3.
productive or operative activity.
4.
employment, as in some form of industry, especially as a means of earning one's
 livelihood: to look forwork.
5.
one's place of employment: Don't phone him at work.



No comments: