Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekly Goals: November 18, 2013

My progress on the goals for November 11, 2013:

My home will never be spotless.  I have two young boys, two cats and a husband whose natural gift is not picking up after himself or taking his shoes off at the door.  It is the season of life that I am in and I am choosing to embrace it.  I spent the last year or so, living with the philosophy to not worry about cleanliness and order.  My children are only here for a moment and a joyful marriage is more important than a spotless floor.  Cat hair, ripped napkins, and a litter box must be overlooked if I am wanting my boys to learn responsibility and empathy for God's creatures and have a furry friend to play with.  Although I still agree with the reasoning behind the philosophy, I have learned something about myself.  When my home is too cluttered and unclean, I feel grumpy, irritable, stressed and am downright unpleasant.  I need some sort of order in the midst of my chaotic life.  I need my home to be a restful haven.

I'm searching for a simple routine that I can easily follow that will allow me to enjoy life to the fullest and not be caught up in keeping things clean and organized. 

Here's the plan I have come up with so far.

Daily- Dishes, One Load of Laundry, Wipe Counters, Sweep Floors, Spend 5 minutes Removing Clutter.

Monday- Bathrooms
 
Tuesday- Vacuum
 
Wednesday- Sweep and Mop Floors
 
Thursday- Kitchen
 
Friday- De-Clutter
 
Even though I didn't get every single thing done, every single day, I did notice that getting a little done every day helped create more order.  This allowed me to relax and enjoy life more.  I'm going to keep at for two more weeks to see if this schedule is what I need to stick with.



1) Knit, Read and Walk  Yes, Yes, and No.  I think I need to get our treadmill fixed.  :-(
 
2) Menu for Thanksgiving and confirm plans with family  Done
 
3) Clean and Organize Basement and Den  Done
 
4) Start a Notebook for Business Account to keep track of money spent and money earned.  Done
 
5) Get Matthew started on a project  In progress...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Weekly Goals: November 18, 2013-
 
1) Continue with weekly cleaning plan
 
2) Organize File Box
 
3) Sort items for re-sale
 
4) Knit and read.
 
5) Pick up materials for Matthew's Project
 
 

No comments: