Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Woman Who Fears the Lord #12

The Woman Who Fears the Lord
 
A Study of Proverbs 31
Verse 21
 
"She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet."

This woman, our lovely role model and friend, Mrs. Proverbs has it all together.  I can't imagine that she had piles of clothes that her children have outgrown sitting in her basement.  I'll bet her son didn't walk around with a shoe that had broken open... for a week.  I'm positive that her husband's work clothes weren't stained and coming apart at the seams from years of wear.  I'm sure her clothes didn't have bleach stains all over them from work and half of her closet didn't fit her right anymore.

It's doubtful that she dressed like a biblical supermodel, but it's pretty clear from the other verses in this chapter that she dressed well.

Here's another verse where I fell like an epic fail at being a Proverbs 31 woman.  I'm trying to get better but with everything we have going on in our lives now, clothes are typically the furthest thing from my mind.

Which leaves me to ask, what can I learn from this verse?

We may not be the most fashionable family, but I try to have us dress in clothing that flatters us.

We may not spend a lot of money on clothes, but I search high and low for great deals.

We may not have outfit upon outfit to choose from, but we're fully clothed when we leave the house.



If God cares most about what is on the inside, why does this verse point out what is on the outside?

Our God provided for her and for her family. 
Using the resources available to them, they were well taken care of.


I'm not sure exactly where this verse fits in this season of our lives, but I'm determined to find out.



For more posts about Proverbs 31, click on the following link: Proverbs 31
 

No comments: