Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Battle between Relaxation and Efficiency

Multitasking.  For the longest time, I thought it was all the buzz.  Seek out and implement methods that will have you doing more than one thing at a time.  You will get much more done, making your life run more smoothly.  Now I hear and read about how we should only do one thing at a time.  Trying to complete multiple things simutaneously may complete more tasks, but the quality in each task is lacking.

I'll be honest with you.  I suck when it comes to multitasking.  I forget what I'm doing and leave half finished projects scattered throughout my life.  It stresses me out, I get easily distracted and become snippy.

Where is the happy medium?  You know, the beautiful place full of rainbows and sunshine.  The world where there are no grass stains on Matthew's pants, both boy's faces are clean and their teeth get brushed twice a day, every day.  A clean yet lived in home, a full fridge and pantry, and homemade treats available for friends who stop in.  The life where I play with my children without needing to wrestle with the feeling that I have a million things to do.

I have one week before I return to my full time job as a teacher.  My brain is swimming with all the things that need to get done and yet, with only more week with the boys, they're going to be my focus.  The dishes will wait until they're in bed, the floors will not be spotless, and the laundry will just never be all done.  Guess I'll put off finding the happy medium until next month.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I think the "happy medium" or happiness comes when you are satisfied with the priorities you've made and followed through on...Bravo on choosing the boys this last week and saying "screw you!" to the dishes and laundry. haha. :)