Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Living With Intention

It's hard to believe that 6 1/2 months have passed since the end of my job as a teacher.  It's a seasonal position and I'm getting ready to go back to work next week.  As much as I love my job, it is a very difficult thing for me to leave my two boys all day Monday through Friday.  I'm constantly reminding myself that God sees a bigger picture, praying that He will direct my path and help me give my best in EVERYTHING I do.  One of the scriptures that Matthew memorized this last year was Colossians 3:23; "In everything you do, do it with all your heart, as working for the Lord and not for men."  It's easy to remind my almost 7 year old to do things with a cheerful spirit, not so easy to tell myself.

This morning I shared with my husband that I felt like time is slipping away.  I asked his opinion on "scheduling" family nights.  My theory is that by having them on the calendar, we will be more apt to follow through with them.  Plus, once Matthew figures out the plans, there's no way he would let it go.  :-)  Chuck thought it was a good idea and we talked about some inexpensive things we can do together.  This is what we came up with so far:

Wednesdays will be family game night.

Sundays will be movie and pizza night.

Once a month my husband and I will have a date night.

Once a month each boy will have a date night with one parent.



.

If we are intentional about spending time together as a family, my prayer is that we will grow closer during this season of separation.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love it! Perfect ideas! You're a great momma!