Friday, November 6, 2015

Can I live a "Hands Free Life?"

If you had asked me while I was working outside of the home what I would do if I had more time, I would have said "Exercise, play with my children more, be more patient, enjoy living life, and read."  

It's been two years since I left my job.  My youngest was about to turn three, my oldest was seven, and my husband and I were in the process of purchasing a house.

Fast forward to now...
Where has life taken me?  Am I being as intentional as I could be?  Can I do better?  Feel more at peace?  Live with the purpose intended for me?

My brain automatically goes to the negative.  I'm not doing enough.  I can try harder.  I can be better.  It's up to me to make my family, my life and the positive impact I leave behind better.

I stop.  

Of course, it could be better, but it could also be worse.

I have seen changes.  

I'm learning to pray before I make a decision.

My husband doesn't need me to tell him what to do, or how to feel.  He just needs me to listen and be his biggest fan.

Our children don't need a hassled, rushed, frustrated mommy.  They need for me to be able to just sit with them, enjoying their company.

The house doesn't need to look perfect.  Since there are not any magazine editors contacting me for a photo shoot of our home, there really is no pressure.

There is no pressure.

In the book, "Hands Free Life" by Rachel Macy Stafford, she describes her journey towards living life instead of simply managing it.

I'm going to do it.  

I'm going to let go and travel towards living hands free.  



It's a beautiful world and I am thankful that I have a beautiful life to live.

  


No comments: