Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Woman Who Fears the Lord #18

The Woman Who Fears the Lord
A Study of Proverbs 31
Verse 27

"She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."





Let's go over my day.

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and was out of bed by 5:15.  I talked with my husband, made him breakfast and helped him get his stuff together for work.

After he left, I made pretzel dough and started a load of laundry.  Then, I read the bible, wrote in my journal, and finished this week's bible study assignment.

My youngest was up first and we played Mario Cart on the Wii--- because he's slightly addicted.  Slightly.

When my oldest got up, he played a few rounds with us and then I went and finished the pretzels.

After breakfast, the boys did their thing... chores, playing, jumping on the bed, taking baths, and getting into mischief of all kinds.

I took a shower and dressed, did dishes, another load of laundry, vacuumed, and spent some time working on my Simply Fun business.

The boys and I had tea time, did copy work, sketching, read together and then played "Bank It."
(Bank It is a game where the first person to buy the bike wins but you have to purchase one item from each of the four stores, give to charity and save $10 first.)

And that was all before 12:00.

Now, before you curse me and starting flooding my e-mail with snotty comments, allow me to let you in on my life the past 2 years.  The life that no one sees because it is behind closed doors.

Most mornings, I struggled to get out of bed.

I often indulged in thoughts of running away to a tropical island and freeing myself of all the stress I felt.

It would take the smallest thing to tip my mood over the edge.

Dealing with things- bills, phone calls, e-mails, shopping, etc. was something I avoided.




If I had read this verse a year ago or 4 months ago, I would have cried.





But, I'm on this journey for a reason.

The lesson I learn from all the valleys will help me go  higher and higher up the mountain.

One day I will stand back to look at the beautiful view.  On that day, I will see every step I took, the path I was on and be thankful for where I was lead.

Where ever you may be on your journey, take a little advice from our wise friend, Mrs. Proverbs and move one more step up that mountain.




My study of Proverbs 31


No comments: